Monday, March 10, 2014

Homemade Powder Makeup

This DIY has been asked about several times on my Instagram @twoswallowsnaturals and comes to you from Pinterest, where most of my inspiration, or should I say PINspiration, comes from. 

A few weeks ago, I was seriously running out of translucent setting powder. Since this is one of the only 3 things I wear on my face when I do my makeup, it's pretty essential. I'm extremely pale, like I buy the fairest makeup there is, so I needed to alter this recipe a tad. Here are the ingredients you will need:


  • 1/4 cup Arrowroot Powder - I found mine at Whole Foods
  • 4 T Cocoa Powder
  • 1 t Ground Cinnamon
  • 1/4 t Ground Nutmeg
  • 1/4 t Ground Ginger
  • 2 t Bentonite Clay - Bulk Apothecary is great for this
  • 10 drops Vitamin E Liquid - Whole Foods
  • 12 drops Lavender Essential Oil - dōTERRA or your favorite Pure Therapeutic Grade brand

Start with the Arrowroot Powder in a large bowl. Continue to add ingredients modifying to fit your skin tone. Whisk together. For more of an olive tone, add more nutmeg and/or ginger. For a paler complexion, cut down the Cocoa Powder or add more Arrowroot Powder. 

I found a small container to store my powder in at Meijer in the bath travel section so I cut the recipe in half so everything would fit. I'm also not a huge fan of Lavender's scent, but I added a few drops. The powder smells great on its own between the spices and cocoa powder!

For more information on this DIY, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment