Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Stinky Fridge Solver

Yesterday I read this blog's post about freshening your fridge. I've had problems with a stinky fridge and freezer for as long as I can remember. So I gave it a shot! All you need is:

  • baking soda
  • citrus essential oils - I used lemon, grapefruit, and sweet orange Eden's Garden but next time I'll probably use doTERRA Citrus Bliss and Purify
  • 4 oz canning jar
  • cheese cloth or staining cloths - something ventilated
First, clean out all the expired food from your fridge and freezer. We all know they're in there in the very back corner where no one can see and drawers that no one looks in. Next, fill your canning jar most of the way with baking soda. Add 5-10 drops of EOs into the baking soda and mix around. Cover with cloth and seal. Place in the back of your refrigerator and forget for up to 3 months! 


After a day of sitting in my fridge there is no more smell! I moved it to my freezer today which always seems to smell worse. Happy DIYing!

No comments:

Post a Comment