Sunday, March 9, 2014

Moose Gets an All Natural Bath

Our rescue dog, Moose is a lab mix. When you think Labrador, you think water, right? This crazy dog loves to swim but HATES baths. Before we adopted Moose in 2011, he was in a shelter with Demodex, the worst type of mange. He has a great coat of fur now, but is terribly flaky with dandruff and dry skin. It hurts my heart to watch him be so itchy sometimes. 

Upon getting on the wellness train, I wanted my entire family to participate. I made cuticle cream and (attempted to make) shave cream for my husband and distributed several body butters, body scrubs, and lip balms to my in-laws and grandparents. What about my fur-baby? He got to test out a couple homemade pup shampoos.

Doesn't he look miserable?!

I found a great recipe on Pinterest (duh) and doctored it up a little to fit the needs of a fussy pup. Almost a week later, his coat is softer and shiner than ever, and his dandruff seems to be subsiding. Moose's Pup Shampoo can be purchased here to reap the benefits for your best friend!


No comments:

Post a Comment